GNU Music and Songs
This is a collection of music and songs for the amusement of all hackers.
- Read the lyrics, score, and source code of the Free Software Song.
- Hear the Song sung by Richard Stallman himself. (If you are not used to a meter of 7/8, you may perceive it as inability to keep time.)
- Hear the Song performed in a good Bulgarian style.
- Hear Katie Herzog perform the Free Software Song, released under CC BY-NC-ND.
- The Free Birthday Song, written and performed by Steven Sheffey.
- 'Till There Was GNU
- The Programmer's Blues song!
- The GDB Song!
- Addicted to vi.
- GNU Emacs Song.
- The GNU Song
- Musical pick-up!
- "God wrote in Lisp code" (See also the lyrics.)
- If the Beatles were Hackers…
- Nobody owns this song
- What a Wonderful Code
- VIM Songs
- Happiness is a bash prompt
- Hack for Freedom Song
- Infinite Hands
- Emacs vs VI
You can also listen to Richard Stallman's appearances on the Dinnertime Sampler show on WMBR, the MIT Campus Radio Station. In these shows, Richard shares some examples of his electric musical tastes with you, the listener.