Logistics - GNU 30th anniversary celebration and hackathon
GNU's 30th Birthday Celebration will be held at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The main room is in the Green Building (54).
Other rooms are in the Ralph Landau Building (66).
The closest Bus and T stop is Kendall/MIT:
Directions to the main building (Building 54)
- From the bus/T stop, walk on Main Street away from Boston, and turn left onto Ames Street.
- You will pass a long building (68) on your right, then come to the tip of a triangular building (66 - Ralph Landau Building).
- Turn right onto the campus, walking with Building 66 on your right.
- You will quickly reach a courtyard with building 54 (the Green Building) in the middle -- a tall building that is open at the bottom.
MIT has helpful parking information on passes and nearby public lots:
- All buildings, rooms, and restrooms are ADA Wheelchair accessible (Campus Accessibility Map - PDF)
- There are "Women's" restrooms, "Men's" restrooms, and all-gender single-user restrooms with privacy locks.
- Escorts and other needs: email@example.com
These are about 5km from the conference venue, but have prices of $50 or less.
Other hostels a little further out can be found at HostelWorld.
- Stay at a cute New England B'n'B like The Irving.
- Another B and B a short ride away on the red line, The John Jeffries House is at the Charles MGH stop.
- Harvard Square Hotel is very close and economical for a Harvard Square hotel. ($179 plus tax of 12.45% per night)
- The Charles Hotel is even a smidge closer and has valet parking.
- The Hyatt Regency is a short ride away on the number 1 bus and costs $90ish per night. Ask for a room with a view of Boston over the river.
- The Marriott located at the Kendall/MIT stop -- in the neighborhood of MIT, and only 2 subway stops from Harvard Square. Many restaurants located nearby.
- Just a mile over the river is the Doubletree. A 5 minute bus ride takes you into Central Square.