Gnatsweb 4 in beta

Gnatsweb 4 is now in beta, as version 3.99. All the features I planned to
implement are in there now, all known bugs are squashed and documentation
has been redone completely. I believe we have a solid and good piece of
software now, and I do not plan to make any major changes to it in the near
future. Below is the ChangeLog from the last few days.

I would like to thank everyone who have contributed so far. Keep up the
good work!

I'll check this version into the GNATS 4 CVS tree now.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer

2001-09-12  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl: Various very minor changes to get rid of strict
           warnings.

         * gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Fix problems with 'open' and 'not
           closed' examples by switching to custom query format instead of
           sql2.

         * CUSTOMIZE.cb, CUSTOMIZE.vars: Update in accordance with the
           changes below.  Make layout a smidgen clearer.

         * gnatsweb.pl: Change $gnats_info_top to point to a page on
           sources which contains links to documentation for multiple
           versions of GNATS.

         * gnatsweb.pl (login_page): Add a callback which allows printing
           of a welcome message on the login page.
         - gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Use it.

2001-09-11  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl: Change $VERSION to 3.99. We're in beta now.

         * INSTALL: Include notes for upgraders.

         * gnatsweb-site-example.pl: Fix problems with query results table
           header row when using the 'open' and 'not closed' buttons.

         * gnatsweb.html: Fairly minor changes to reflect the way GNATS and
           Gnatsweb 4 work.

         * Makefile: Add new files to the OTHER_FILES macro.  Rewrite
           install target to back up old installations and to preserve the
           gnatsweb-site.pl file if already installed.  Remove references
           to gnatsweb-site-sente.pl.

2001-09-10  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb-site-sente.pl: Gone -- it was getting a bit long in the
           tooth and 2.x-specific.

         * gnatsweb-site-example.html: Fleshed out a bit.

         * CUSTOMIZE.cb: Callback documentation finished.

         * gnatsweb.pl (sendpr): Removed get_default_value callback hook.

2001-09-09  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (main): Support cmd callbacks.

         * CUSTOMIZE, CUSTOMIZE.vars: New documentation on how to customize
           Gnatsweb.

         * gnatsweb.pl: $global_cookie_expires was being defined twice.

         * Makefile (tarball, default, no-debug-statements): Misc. fixes.

         * gnatsweb.pl: $VERSION now global, so that we can use it in the
           Makefile.

         * gnatsweb.pl (client_init): Trap attempts to use a nonexisting
         $site_gnats_host.

         * README, TODO: Update for Gnatsweb 4.
         - INSTALL: Largely rewritten for Gnatsweb 4
         - gnatsweb-site.pl: Minimal local configuration file.
         - Makefile: Install gnatsweb-site.pl, not gnatsweb-site-sente.pl

2001-09-08  Yngve Svendsen  <yngve.svendsen@clustra.com>

         * gnatsweb.pl (page_start_html): Reenable the button bar on the
           main page -- turns out users who are accustomed to it use it
           almost exclusively.