Gnatsweb / passwords

While we're still talking about passwords, will it be possible for those
of us using apache+ssl to bypass the gnatsweb login process completely?
(Since they would have already done an apache login).  I feel lame about
asking for what could be such a trivial mod, but then I'm a Python &
Java person and lack any Perl ability. <:)

nick